Wednesday 11 May 2011

Love Unlimited - Walkin' In The Rain With The One I Love (1972)



The backing vocalist for American R&B/soul singer Barry White on his albums and on tour. They also found success in their own right. Formed in 1969, the group included Barry White’s future wife, Glodean James, her sister, Linda James, and their cousin Diane Taylor. Their first hit was Walkin' in the Rain with the One I Love in 1972, a song that so paints an accurate picture of it's title I'd swear it was raining outside every time I listen to it. They never quite hit the heights of success as they did with this song (although I Belong To You did top the U.S. R&B chart in 1974), but did put out some memorable material. 
The group disbanded in 1985, with the death of Diane Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment